Wednesday, December 4, 2013

“The one closest to my palm is the Ohm symbol. The other one is Sanskrit and roughly translates to ‘nonviolence’.”
               (Wikipedia tells me it reads “ahimsa” and is “inspired by the premise that all living beings have the spark of the divine spiritual energy; to hurt another being is to hurt oneself.”)
“I realized that yoga wasn’t just a physical practice. I started saying to myself, “How can I feel this way all day long?” So then I tried to grasp that feeling, to harness it in my everyday life. I read and learned more about yoga, which lead me to yogi training, which lead me to teacher training."
               “You said you’re a runner: how is your mind activity different between running and yoga?”

“Running is more of a moving meditation for me. When I practice yoga, I like to focus on my breath and just be in that space.”

No comments:

Post a Comment