Wednesday, December 4, 2013

(This girl was so dynamic, interesting, and friendly. I had a blast talking to her and left in a great mood. Thank you for your awesomeness!)

"I didn't know Notre Dame was Catholic until I came here! I'm from Malaysia. There are five of us here on a scholarship program for engineers. If you accept the scholarship money, you also must accept the scholarship at whichever school they choose. Oh, this is really cool: one of the girls on the scholarship with me is the first Muslim student to pursue a major in theology here. Isn't that amazing?! I have so much faith in her. But I really like it here. I love everyone in my section. Everyone is so nice."
                      "When is the next time you are going home?"
"In two weeks! I haven't been home for a year and a half! Yeah! I know! I'm so excited!'
                      "What's the first thing you're going to do when you get home?"
"SLEEP."

No comments:

Post a Comment