Tuesday, January 26, 2016

 "I was born and raised in a Catholic family. My parents lived their faith wholeheartedly. And when I say 'lived their faith,' I mean that they would often take in a homeless individual on the street for a shower at our house. Growing up, this was the norm to me.
"I was a history major in uni, and grappled with my faith at that time. I asked myself: is my faith real? Whose it is: my parents, or mine? I stayed involved with Catholic organizations at uni to continue exploring my faith."
"The weekend before my biggest final exam, I decided to go on a Catholic retreat trip. Some of this decision involved less studying and a bit of a mess, but I ultimately got an A. More importantly, though, I had realized by that point what kind of role I wanted my faith to play in my life. Now, I work for a nonprofit and live in London's Newman House. While it's a far cry from the expectations for a history major, it is also my vocation."

No comments:

Post a Comment