Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"When I was a junior, as a pre-med and theology major, I realized I needed to start thinking about plans after college. As I was discerning, it seemed like the ACE program was everywhere I went. I was drawn to the deep relationships facilitated by ACE. I found I was less interested in seeing someone once a year for a check-up visit, and more interested in getting to know them through daily interaction.
"ACE provides such a grounded support system. You first need encouragement, strong roots, a community in order to give of yourself. You can't give without first having. And that's what I see the ACE program doing. You have a spiritual advisor, an academic advisor, an advisor in your diocese, and of course the 180 people across the country all living out the same fundamental ACE values.
"Everyone in the ACE office is so connected. It's a creative, enthusiastic, passionate group. But they're also lighthearted, too. I just got my assignment for next year: I'll be in a new program in Indianapolis teaching middle school science, math, and religion!"

No comments:

Post a Comment