Friday, April 3, 2015

"I had an incredible second grade teacher, and that was when I decided I wanted to pursue education as a future career. When I was in high school, I stumbled across ACE online. Nothing had ever clicked with me the way ACE did. Their values and mission aligned perfectly with mine. It was an incredible moment.
"As a junior, I jumped on the opportunity to apply for an ACE internship. Committing a year before everyone else us as interns to prepare ourselves mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Plus, it takes some of the stress and panic of senior year off our shoulders. Through all that, it still suddenly feels much more real when you receive your placement call. One week, you're a college student involved in classes, and the next week, you have a call that tells you the city name, school name, subjects...I was even told where my classroom would be. I'll be teaching high school Spanish and, hopefully, theology.
"Nowadays, it's hard to talk about the future of education without the conversation turning to negativity. But that's not what ACE is like: they're so enthusiastic, so hopeful, so positive, so committed. The energy in the ACE office is contagious. It's prepared us for our future in the best possible way."

No comments:

Post a Comment