Friday, March 27, 2015

"I write as an intern for the Notre Dame Admissions blog. I love my job...it feels weird calling it a job, but that's what it is! On Tuesdays, we answer questions on the Tumblr. And that's one of the coolest parts to me. I'm able to play a part in a high school senior's journey. One thing I hope readers of the blog realize is that, no matter what, they'll be okay. There's no denying it: the college application process is hectic and stressful! Everyday life doesn't stop--and if you're the kind of person who's applying to Notre Dame, you're probably booked as it is. And now you must now suddenly evaluate your worth and present yourself to different colleges. It was a really tough time for me! So I want to provide support, advice, and positivity for seniors who are going through the same things, especially because I know what it's like to be told no. It takes a toll on your self-confidence. But It'll be okay, no matter what. And I know that from experience.
"I attended St. Mary's my freshman year and transferred to Notre Dame my sophomore year. Although that's not how I planned to spend my four years in college, it was a very important experience for me. I think I needed that time at St. Mary's to regain my academic confidence and feel supported in my endeavors. I honestly loved my time at St. Mary's.  There's a powerful sisterhood, a community, that students at Notre Dame don't fully appreciate. In applying to Notre Dame, I knew I needed to be ready to accept both futures, one at St. Mary's and one at Notre Dame.
"I think high school seniors sometimes place so much value in their prospective colleges that they create an unrealistic image in their heads. What I'd like to tell them is this: no matter where you find yourself, you will be a gift to your community."
          "Any final thoughts?"
"Go Irish and go Belles!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment