Wednesday, January 22, 2014

“I’m a member of the World Hunger Coalition on campus. We raise money for organizations that fight hunger, whether it be internationally, the Northern Food Bank of Indiana, or locally. The Wednesday Lunch Donation might be the biggest thing we do—or, at least, the most consistent thing. I participated in it in the fall and I’ll be doing it again this semester. All you do is give up a lunch swipe between 10-2 on Wednesdays. The funds from the money saved go to hunger-fighting organizations chosen by the World Hunger Coalition. Of course it’s a nice thing to do. But it’s also an act of solidarity. On Wednesday, when you’re saying, ‘I wish I could go to lunch,’ you can think about the people that you’re helping.”


I like the idea so much that I signed up for it, and to help spread the word, I am including the link to sign up for the Wednesday Lunch Donation. I encourage all students to participate and to discover that a small act can make a big difference: https://docs.google.com/a/nd.edu/forms/d/1CYdp7_V1r9ImpujoeOq30cyr_7r0eFcvYEE4AMPNDXw/viewform

No comments:

Post a Comment