Tuesday, December 3, 2013

“I want to be a journalist. It runs in the family. My dad is a journalist. My grandfather was a journalist. He and a team actually won a Pulitzer Prize.”
     “You didn’t feel pressured by your family history?”
“No. I’ve always been good at writing, and I want to keep writing, and, if I’m going to get paid for it, it’s going to be for journalism. I say political journalism, but if I could describe what I really want to do…”
               “In the dream world.”
“That’s always the question, the question I’ve asked myself a million and two times: if money were no object, what would I do with my life? It’s what I call “social justice journalism”. So writing about the things no one talks about. Everyone talks about celebrities who die. So, like, the fact that that gets covered, and the fact that there’s genocide in the world that nobody is talking about…I want to talk about that. As long as I can keep writing, and use that to help people, then I’ll be happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment