Tuesday, December 3, 2013



"I moved from Portland two and a half months ago to work for the Center for Social Concerns here."
                  "What did you not expect to find here?"
"I had always thought college students are college students. ...But I was wrong. The students here are incredible. They are driven, high-achieving, motivated. Incredible. They're not like any other college students. I also didn't expect the competition. I mean, I knew, okay, it's Notre Dame. There's going to be competition. But people here are always looking on to the next step: I gotta graduate, then I gotta get that internship, then I gotta go to law school, and become a lawyer, and make a lot of money, and on and on. There's competition everywhere, and that doesn't always suit everyone. That's what the Center for Social Concerns hopes to do: to create and environment in which people can steep themselves and become immersed in something other than sheer competition."

No comments:

Post a Comment