Monday, September 28, 2015


"My friends like to tell the story that I went to Notre Dame with my son, but there's of course more to it than that. My son-in-law was in graduate school here when I decided to take master's degree-level classes here at the Kroc Institute. I took them just to engage intellectually. When I was asked about it, I'd just say, 'I have three degrees already! What am I going to do with another one?'
"In 2013, I started a woodwork shop in South Bend from the ground up; last Christmas, we had a four-foot-long wood train at the White House. In this business, people call all the time asking, 'Is there any way you can...', and nine times out of ten, we can. The more noble reason that I started South Bend Woodworks was to create local jobs doing something I loved. The more selfish reason was that I wanted a job where I didn't have to be yelled at!"
            "Did your time working as a lawyer prepare you in any way for starting your own business?"
"I'm going to be honest with you: not at all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment