Monday, March 9, 2015

"A few years ago, the Creativity and Innovation Club had the idea of bringing TED talks to Notre Dame. It just so happened that both student government and DPAC were thinking the same thing at the same time. Eventually, we came together and made TEDxUND happen. This year was our second year--the first year, I was an assistant, and now I'm the student leader."
                "What has been the most rewarding part of being involved with TEDxUND?"
"The most rewarding part? I've never really thought about it that way. I suppose I'd say that it has been making a change in the community. We've brought so many people together not only to share their ideas but also to listen and discuss. It's not really an 'experience' for me; this is just something that I enjoy.
"It might be a little nerdy to say, but it's so exciting to me that TEDxUND has brought so many people together. Just look at the sponsors on the nametags: DPAC, Hesburgh Libraries, student government, graduate student life, office of the provost, university communications. There are no agendas or overarching influences. TEDxUND is really about sharing ideas and perspectives, and providing a platform for voices to be heard."

No comments:

Post a Comment