Thursday, February 19, 2015

"I'm a media intern for the admissions office. Although my majors are in French and Philosophy, my niche is posting about religious and spiritual activities on campus. That's one of the hardest parts of the internships: crafting something worthwhile to post on the Instagram or the Tumblr. We answer questions, post content, and even host webinars--high school students can sign up and have a Skype session with us. I think there's some comfort in hearing about a school from students, rather than a counselor.
"I've worked at transfer orientation over the past few summers. That, combined with the admissions internship, are kind of my way of giving back to Notre Dame."
              "What's a piece of advice you often find yourself giving prospective or transfer students?"
"Your Notre Dame experience is what you make it. You just have to take the plunge sometimes. This goes with transferring, with applying, or, really, anything else in college. There will be downs, and you should prepare for them, but ultimately you just have to put yourself out there. It will pay off."

No comments:

Post a Comment