Sunday, February 8, 2015

"I’d always known I wanted to live abroad. I went to Argentina for a high school program; last semester I was in Spain. I have family who lives in Europe. It was always a dream of mine, something I always told people, but I never knew how to think past that. There were too many variables involved. It was always, 'What if?' But traveling abroad last semester, I met so many incredible people. A lot of them were ex-pats. So I asked them why and how they’d moved from America. And a surprising number of them said they didn’t have jobs or work secured when they moved. They just knew the wanted to start a life in Europe, and they did it. That gave me hope and courage I don’t think I could have found anywhere else. Things don’t have to seem perfect and be set up ahead of time for you to take a leap. Sometimes you just have to trust the process and make it happen yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment