Friday, November 7, 2014

"I'm a member of Net Ministries: for a year, I'm part of a group of missionaries who travel across the Midwest and hold retreats for schools and parishes. Some of the most powerful moments of my experience so far have been days when I don't want to get out of bed. I'm physically exhausted, mentally drained, I haven't had coffee in two days, and I just want to say, 'God, can I get the day off?' Sometimes, I won't even have time for personal prayer with God. I hit the ground running. But I know I need to get out of bed to serve His children. And it's those days when He hits me hard--the whole day will be inspiration after inspiration. An entire day that's just an act of prayer. And by nighttime, I'm not tired. I'm energized by the day's events, by God's obvious influence in my life. Honestly? I run on coffee and God's grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment