Monday, October 27, 2014

"I was the head manager of the football team my senior year of college. When my wife and I attended the FSU game in 1993--the game of the century!--we saw a list of past managers when were on the concourse. Two FSU fans asked my wife, 'Oh, did your husband play football for Notre Dame?', and she said, 'He managed.' But they still wanted a picture with me! After they left, we realized that they must have thought that I 'managed' to play football. So somewhere, two FSU fans are walking around with a picture of me, thinking I was a football player and not a manager!
"One of my strongest memories of Notre Dame was the first night game under the lights in Notre Dame Stadium. I was a manager on the field for that game. When you're in the stands, games are so loud--cheering, screaming, talking throughout every play. But when you're on the field, you don't hear any of that. You're immersed in the game mentally and physically."

No comments:

Post a Comment