Thursday, September 25, 2014

"I was abroad in Ireland last year when I received the application for ND Theatre NOW. Students of Professor Garcia-Romero are offered the opportunity to write a play that will be produced and performed by students. I'd been toying with a few scenes for a piece at the time. So I decided to complete a play to tie together these scenes and ideas. I composed 'Out of Orbit' specifically for the parameters of ND Threatre NOW. It's meant to be a workshop experience from start to finish. On day one, I was at the casting call; since then, I've been involved with rehearsals. It's a growing, living thing--I find myself writing changes after each rehearsal. But especially yesterday, I could really see it. It's coming to life."
               "So are you nervous?"
"I'm...excited!"

No comments:

Post a Comment