Saturday, August 16, 2014

"I graduated Notre Dame in 1965. I was a General Studies major, which they now call PLS, and I lived in both BP and Zahm. One of my most vivid memories of Notre Dame was a professor who inspired me: Professor Cronin. He opened his house to all General Studies majors on Friday nights. We'd go to his house, visit his kids and his wife, talk, and hang out until midnight. He'd make us popcorn and cookies. And at midnight, Professor Cronin made Irish coffee for his wife--he lit it on the stove and everything. I think it was his way of thanking his wife for putting up with a houseful of college students late at night on a Friday.
"When I returned to visit Professor Crossin 10 years later, he invited my wife and I to visit him at his house on a Friday night. And at midnight, he made two servings of Irish coffee: one for his wife, and one for mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment