Saturday, July 5, 2014

"We met on our first day on campus. There was a group of boys smoking cigars out on the quad, and my friend dared me to whistle at them. So I stuck my fingers in my mouth and construction-worker whistled, then dashed to the side and hid behind a curtain. And they all turned around, started singing, got down on one knee--typical Frosh-O stuff. So then they decided to start an impromptu mixer in our dorm: they ran through the halls and cleared everyone out. He was holding the door when I walked out.
"We had the typical Notre Dame romance: we dated all through undergrad, he proposed at the Grotto, and we were set to be married in the Basilica. But then he was deployed to Iraq. So we had to wait, and just when the date was approaching, he was deployed again. The priest who married us said, 'Don't worry. Next time you don't have to go through the waiting list. I'll marry you any day.' And it was a beautiful ceremony."

No comments:

Post a Comment