Saturday, April 5, 2014

               "As a senior at Holy Cross, how are you feeling looking back at the last four years?"
"I'm actually about to do my senior capstone thesis about my time at Holy Cross. As you probably know, Holy Cross is a very small school. Everyone knows everyone. I appreciate that, because I couldn't survive somewhere with 8,000 undergraduates. I'd be overwhelmed. I honestly believe that the community of students, faculty, and staff create a genuine environment of love. And it's amazing. But looking back at the past four years, I'm really going to miss it when I have to leave. There are so many amazing life-changing experiences I and the rest of the seniors will take with us. One extremely formative part of my time has been my Four Pillars experience. It's a required cultural experience for all Holy Cross students. It taught me to appreciate and respect humanity, and I think that's something that higher education desperately lacks nowadays. Now that I'm looking at jobs and a life and a house outside of college, it's a little overwhelming...but I'm truly excited to take what I've learned in the past four years and use it outside of Holy Cross."

No comments:

Post a Comment