Wednesday, April 30, 2014

               "What's a good piece of advice you have?"
"Be kind to everyone you meet. Oh, but that sounds cheesy. I don't want to back down from a tough question, though!"
               "Well, what's something you're passionate about?"
"I'm in a poster-making class right now and I love it. Thanks to that, I'm now picking up a minor in studio art along with my math major. We've had to make four posters so far with various themes. For one I used a quote from an Arcade Fire song. For another, I used photoshop to turn my siblings into post-apocalyptic nuclear zombies. We also competed in a CSC contest about the war on poverty. I used a quote by Pope Francis and hands breaking bread on mine. In fact, the CSC loved the posters so much, they're displaying them on the Thursday of reading days in Geddes Hall. And my teacher, who's from Louisiana, said he would make something along the lines of 'a big ol' pot of jambalaya' for it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment