Monday, March 31, 2014

               "Besides Notre Dame, where else are you looking to go to college?"
"The University of Michigan."
               "Does anyone give you a hard time about your school choices?"
"Not at all, actually."
               I mentioned Ivy League decision letters, which some of both her and my friends had eagerly awaited.
               "At some point, it almost seems like luck when it comes down to Ivy League decisions. But when you get in, from what I've heard, it's much more competitive. Not like here--it seems so collaborative here. I really appreciate the concentration on service and spirituality. You can't find that everywhere."
               "What's a non-academic passion of yours?"
"Speaking of which! I'm very passionate about service. I especially love working with kids. At my church at home, I volunteer for the day care during mass. The kids there are so cute. They're old enough to talk, but not old enough to sit down in Sunday school. They can be hilarious on occasion."

No comments:

Post a Comment