Saturday, February 22, 2014

              "Have you felt yourself change over your 6-year PhD program?"
"When I started, I was a lot greener...as in inexperienced. I came to know much more about research and statistics--the meat and bones of science. I went to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for undergrad, but for graduate school, I chose Notre Dame because it's one of the only places where my research would be possible, thanks to UNDERC (University of Notre Dame Environmental Research Center)."
            "What got you started in your research?"
"I grew up around forests in Wisconsin, where deer hunting is very common. One day, I noticed: there are no saplings on the ground. And I wondered why that was. This was around the same time wolves were reintroduced to the Great Lakes area. I put two and two together and became more and more interested in wolves' effect on biodiversity."

No comments:

Post a Comment