Monday, February 10, 2014

"Being a rector is one of the greatest jobs in the world. It’s funny to me: if I could change one thing about the job, I would wish there were more hours in a day. And that’s coming from someone who works seven days a week, essentially 24 hours a day. I feel very privileged to have the chance to get to know the women in the dorm the way I do. It’s unique. There isn’t any other job that involves living with college students. I not only see their academic and social sides, but also many personal matters. When I was an undergrad, my rector, Jenny, was always friendly, always happy, and always smiling. And I try very consciously to make sure that every time I see someone, I try to be happy and smile because I never know when I’ll have a chance to talk to them. In that sense, being a rector is a lot like being a teacher: you can’t give every student as much attention as you wish you could give them. If I can go beyond solely making sure everyone is safe, happy, and healthy, then it’s a really great day."

No comments:

Post a Comment