Friday, November 22, 2013

"You know me pretty well...Don't put in any slander about me."
             "I could say you were going to rob a bank."
"One time, I did say that I was going to hit my friend with my car if she ever jaywalked. She and I made up a lot of stories together. We were in middle school, and we had nothing better to do when we stood outside in the cold for recess. Catholic school. Made you go outside for recess. So we made up stories together: we said she was an illegal Polish immigrant, and lived in an alley behind my house in a box. And stole cable."
             "Now I see why you're pursuing a major in creative writing."
"My mom always told me I needed to write. But I said she was biased. It wasn't until my junior year when a teacher said, 'You should write.' And I said, okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment