Saturday, November 23, 2013


"My sister and I were the first of our family to go to college. It's rare for people from where I'm from to go out of state for education. The job opportunities in-state as well as in-state tuition are hard to pass by. It’s weird, because here it’s just so normal to go to college out of state. But it’s not like that back home. To my sister and me, college was always a given. My parents made that known. They recognized the importance of an education."
                  “What about drum captain? Did you want to be drum captain when you were a freshman?”
"No! I actually didn’t think about it until second semester of my junior year. They sent out the drum captain form, and I looked at it and thought, Do I really want to do this? But the more I thought of it, the more I realized: I had to be drum captain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment